Siame & Co, (“Snaps,” “we,” “our,” “us”) creates photo and video solutions for hybrid teams and events. Our web-based apps support business headshots, photo booth experiences, and user-generated video. When we work together, we collect some information about you to provide the highest quality user experience possible.
• Visit our website (“Visitors”), https://snaps.nz/ (the “Site”); and
• Use any of the Snaps Products as a user, paying client, or an administrator (collectively “Users”)
“You” may, depending on the context, be a Visitor or a User of one or more of the Snaps Products.
1. What is “Personal Information”?
“Personal Information” is data that is capable of identifying an individual or household.
2. What information do we collect?
Information You Give Us
You may voluntarily provide us with Personal Information through our website, such as when you request information or apply for a job. When you access or use our Site, it is your choice whether you would like to provide us with this information. Just know that you may not be able to use certain aspects of our Site, such as requesting information, without providing some Personal Information.
You may voluntarily provide us with Personal Information when you use Snaps products, mostly likely when you take a photo, GIF, or video of yourself, and/or provide prompted information such as your name and email address. When you access or use our products, it is your choice whether you would like to provide us with this information. Just know that you will likely be unable to use our products without providing some Personal Information.
If you choose to purchase a Snaps product, we will likely need your billing information. The transaction may be handled by third parties who are responsible for processing your payment (“Payment Processors”). Payment Processors have their own privacy policies that apply to you. Please be sure to review them at the links provided during payment processing.
We receive and store automatically-collected information about you such as the name of the domain and host from which you access the internet, the IP address of the computer you are using, the browser and operating system you are using, the date and time you access the Site, generalized demographic data, any search terms you used to find the Site, device identifiers and network information, and your actions in connection with the Site, among others.
Cookies. You may have heard of “cookies” before but do not really know what they are or how they may affect your experience using our Site. Cookies are strings of text that a website may store on your computer to keep track of your visits and activity.
- Our Site creates session cookies to facilitate your visit, and they expire at the end of the session.
- We may also use persistent cookies, which can remain on your device for much longer but they do not corrupt or damage your computer or computer files.
- We use analytics and customization cookies, including third party cookies, to gather information on how our Site is being used and to measure the popularity of our marketing campaigns. We use this data to learn about how you interact with our marketing efforts, including how many times the email is opened and/or clicked, the browser type used, operating system, user email program, etc. The cookie set by our service providers will remain on your hard drive 30 days after the last time you clicked on the coded link in the email, or until you delete it. We also use this data to help prevent fraud.
- We may use social networking cookies to allow users to share our pages and content through third-party social networking websites.
- We may use targeting/advertising cookies to help us customize and regulate (e.g., by capping the frequency of) the advertisements you receive, provide you with tailored offers, and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. Please see the “Do not Track” section below for more information regarding personalized advertisements and your “Do not Track” options.
3. How do we use Personal Information?
Usage. We may use Personal Information to do the following (unless doing so is restricted by law):
- Communicate with you by email, regular mail, telephone, or mobile devices, about products or services;
- Develop and deliver marketing emails with the assistance of third parties (see more information about marketing emails below);
- Tailor your user experience;
- Manage our business;
- Notify you of changes to our products or services;
- Send you information you have requested;
- Process entries to a competition or promotion;
- Display personalized advertisements and content;
- Carry out obligations under any contract we have with you; or
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- Analyze overall trends, to help us understand and improve our Site and products, and to improve their security and proper functioning.
Transfer. To fulfill your requests and operate our business, we may transfer your Personal Information from the United States to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data. By using our Site or products and voluntarily providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to such storage, transfer, and processing.
Marketing emails. We may use third party service providers to send our marketing emails. The emails may contain e-tags, which permits you to share the mail via certain social sites. In addition, the third parties that assist with our marketing emails may use pixel tags that help us send the email in a format you can read to allow us to know which emails you act upon and to better target the content of future emails. We also use these tags to track the aggregate number of emails read and whether any of the links in the email were accessed.
4. Do we share Personal Information with others?
Sometimes we have to share Personal Information with others (such as when required by law), and other times we share Personal Information with third party service providers to enhance your experience using our Site and interacting with our business.
As such, below are the ways we may share Personal Information with others:
- We may share Personal Information with third party service providers that perform services or functions on our behalf (see more information about service providers below).
- We may share Personal Information with Payment Processors to process payments.
- We may share Personal Information with third parties, such as social media sites, so you can view our content through those sites.
- We may have to share Personal Information if required by a court or government agency or to respond to a claim by you or a third party.
- We may share Personal Information as part of a transfer of our assets, for example in the event of a merger, acquisition, corporate change, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, involving Snaps (see more information about business transactions below).
- We may share Personal Information as you may otherwise request or agree.
Special Events. If you choose to participate in a special event (for example, a promotion, contest, or sweepstakes), we may share your Personal Information with those organizations participating in the applicable event.
Sharing with Paying Clients.
If a paying client purchases a Snaps product and opts to include lead capture or another feature that collects your Personal Information, we will share the information they choose to collect with that paying client. How the paying client chooses to use the information we share is out of Snaps’s hands, and Snaps takes no responsibility for the paying client’s handling of the information.
5. How we protect your information.
All of your Personal Information remains private and confidential. The security of your Personal Information is important to us.
Snaps has a documented information security policy that we routinely update to keep apprised with industry standards and updates. Snaps utilizes only reliable, proven, and secure third-party partners, such as Google and Keen, to store and process your Personal Information. Automatically collected information is anonymized and kept secure on these platforms.
As anything goes in the world, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is perfectly secure. Therefore, we can’t guarantee your information’s absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Site or our products, please contact us using the contact information below.
6. Third-Party websites/applications.
Our Site or Products may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Site or Products. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
7. Your privacy rights.
When acting as a controller, and depending on your location, your jurisdiction, and subject to applicable law, you may have the rights below with regard to the Personal Information we control about you. We will respond to your requests within the appropriate timeline under applicable law.
- The right of access means that you have the right to request that we disclose what Personal Information we have collected, used and disclosed about you. You can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” heading below.
- The right of deletion means that you have the right to request that we delete Personal Information collected or maintained by us, subject to certain exceptions. As mentioned above, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us” heading below.
- The right to non-discrimination means that you will not receive any discriminatory treatment when you exercise any of your privacy rights.
- You can also ask us to correct or update your Personal Information; object to the processing of your Personal Information; ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request the portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us ” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
- If we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Snaps does not engage in any automated decision making with Visitor or User Personal Information.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
8. EMBEDDED CONTENT
Pages on this site may include embedded content, like YouTube videos, for example. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you visited the other website.
9. SECURITY MEASURES
We use the SSL/HTTPS protocol throughout our site. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so that personal identifiable information is not captured/hijacked by third parties without authorization.
In case of a data breach, system administrators will immediately take all needed steps to ensure system integrity, will contact affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed.
10. YOUR DATA RIGHTS
If you have a registered account on this website or have left comments, you can request an exported file of the personal data we retain, including any additional data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any of the personal data we have stored. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. In short, we cannot erase data that is vital to you being an active customer (i.e. basic account information like an email address).
If you wish that all of your data is erased, we will no longer be able to offer any support or other product-related services to you.
Your privacy is critically important to us. Going forward with the GDPR we aim to support the GDPR standard. Snaps permits residents of the European Union to use its Service. Therefore, it is the intent of Snaps to comply with the European General Data Protection Regulation. For more details please see here: EU GDPR Information Portal.
Updated 3rd January 2023